Friday, April 3, 2009

Post 6: BioData

I will be awarded the Bachelor Degree of science in Life Sciences with concentration in biomedical sciences in 2009. Academically, my extensive course work in the Life Science department at the National University of Singapore has allowed me to gain an better understanding and appreciation for the research in the biomedical field. I have strong desire to work in the medical field and want to do my part in ensuring good welfare of the people in the country. This desire was developed during my attachment at Tan Tock Seng hospital and my volunteer work at the Institute of Mental Health.

I also enjoy doing community service. Since my junior college days, I have been actively involved in charity projects serving the community to my best of ability. One of my favorite projects was organizing camps together with the Habitat for Humanity organization. In NUS, I have been serving in the organizing committee for big-scaled fund-raising productions, which has annually raised over $50000 annually for needy students.

Besides enhancing my knowledge about my culture and traditions, the experiences participating in productions has provided me with a strong platform of communication skills and exposed me to various working styles of people. These skills were further enhanced via the Professional Communication elective I am pursuing currently, Besides learning to work quickly and efficiently, these experiences have developed me to become a better communicator, team worker and leader.


I hope that one day I would be able to achieve my goal of becoming an innovative scientific researcher and contribute to the healthcare sector of Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment